Associate Executive Director
The Gateway Region YMCA has an immediate opening for a Cause-Driven leader to provide leadship to the O'Fallon, IL YMCA.
O Fallon, IL
The Gateway Region YMCA has an immediate opening for a Cause-Driven leader to provide leadership to the O’Fallon Illinois YMCA. The O’Fallon YMCA is one of the Gateway Region YMCA’s largest branches with over 3500 membership units. The O'Fallon YMCA is 55,000 square feet, 3.2 million operating budget, complete with; full fitness portfolio, swimming and 2 full gymnasium. Key program areas include, fitness, aquatics, sports, day camp, active older adults, youth and family, and membership.
This is a wonderful opportunity for a motivated, cause-driven leader to join an innovative, mission-based association with an exciting vision for the future.
About the YMCA
The Gateway Region Y was formed by a strategic alliance of the YMCA of Southwest Illinois and the YMCA of Greater St Louis. The newly formed organization has a $64 million budget, includes 24 branches, 5 non-facility branches and Trout Lodge/Camp Lakewood. The association serves more than 120,000 members and nearly 730,000 individuals through hundreds of programs and services. Combined, the two associations provided more than $5.3 million in direct and indirect financial assistance last year to strengthen our communities.
The Gateway Region Y has an organizational focus on youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Currently, a new strategic plan is being implemented to guide the organization into the future. As one of the region’s largest non-profits, the Y provides a way for communities to come together and strengthen their foundation.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in human services, social services, business or equivalent preferred
- Experience:YUSA Organizational Leader preferred
- 5 or more years of management experience in a YMCA or other nonprofit agency
- 3 million minimum budget experience
- Excellent interpersonal, oral communication and writing skills
- Possess a high level of organizational knowledge, experience and proficiency
- Demonstrate innovative thinking
- Ability to successfully lead, recruit and develop staff of all levels
- Possess and demonstrate commitment and passion for mission-centered objectives
- Change capacity
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening communitythrough youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Under the direction of the District Vice President the selected candidate oversees the total operation of the O'Fallon YMCA branch, including membership, marketing, programs, facilities, volunteer and staff development, financial development, community relations and collaborations with community agencies.
Candidates must demonstrate successful experience in project management, staff supervision/training, program development, fiscal management, volunteer development, board development, and fundraising. The candidate must possess excellent written and oral communication skills along with a proven track record of staff development, community partnerships, program supervision and fundraising.
Mission Advancement: Reinforces the Y’s values within the organization and the community. Effectively communicates the benefits and impact of the Y’s efforts for all stakeholders. Implements effective systems to develop volunteers at program, fundraising, and policy leadership levels. Secures resources and support for all philanthropic endeavors.
Collaboration: Develops strategies to ensure staff and volunteers reflect the community. Builds and nurtures strategic relationships to enhance support for the Y. Serves as a community leader, building collaborations based on trust and credibility to advance Y mission and goals. Communicates for influence to attain buy-in and support of goals. Provides tools and resources for the development of others.
Operational Effectiveness: Integrates multiple thinking processes to make decisions. Involves members and community in the development of programs and activities. Ensures execution of plans. Institutes sound accounting procedures, investment policies and financial controls. Assigns clear accountability and ensures continuous improvement.
Personal Growth: Fosters a learning environment embracing diverse abilities and approaches. Creates a sense of urgency and positive tension to support change. Anticipates challenges that can sidetrack or derail growth and personal learning. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
- The YMCA Welcomes a Diverse Workforce
- Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
- Must Pass Criminal History Background Check
- Must Pass E-Verify Check
Along with a highly competitive pay structure, the Gateway Region YMCA provides exceptional benefits which include the following:
- Affordable quality healthcare (medical, dental, vision options)
- Short Term, Long Term Disability and Life Insurance provided at no additional cost
- 12% Employer funded retirement plan after two years of service with immediate vesting and the ability to add additional earnings from first day of employment
- YMCA membership for employee, spouse and dependents
- Generous paid time off package
- Exceptional career opportunities
- A challenging and fun work environment with creative, talented and diverse individuals
How to Apply
Copyright © 2017 YMCA of the USA. All rights reserved.
The YMCA is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all.