Great opportunity for an experienced professional to become the new Swim Coordinator at the Weinberg Y in Waverly.
Under the supervision of the Senior Program Director or Center Director, the Swim Coordinator is responsible for the development and administration of the swim program operation of the center, including: scheduling of Instructional Staff, scheduling and Administration of Instructional Programs, assisting with special center events. Additionally, the Swim Coordinator will play a role in the implementation of the Center Member Retention Program by serving as a resource for members interested in Swim program operations. Also demonstrates a commitment to the Y's Core Values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility.
Certified in CPR and First Aid at all times. Will become certified in swim instructor within 1 year.
Minimum two years in swim field, with one year as supervisor preferred
- STAFF SUPERVISION: Trains and supervises all swim lesson instructors. Enforces staff policies and rules. Assists in reviews of all staff on a regular basis and makes recommendations accordingly. Acts as liaison between management team and Swim Staff for communication purposes.
- SWIM PROGRAMMING: Coordinates all phases of center programming, including scheduling, assigning instructors, instructions (minimum of 15 hours/week), and evaluating the effectiveness of programs. Recommends substantive changes in curriculum or procedures to Senior Program Director. Schedules all programs for the maximum satisfaction of YMCA members and program participants.
- OTHER DUTIES: The Swim Coordinator may be called upon to perform other occasional duties to further the interests of the center outside of the area of Swim and will play a role in the implementation of the Center Member Retention Program by serving as a resource for members interested in aquatics or the pool operations.
- Hot and humid environment with moderate physical exercise.
- Some physical exertion as instructor/guard otherwise administrative
- Pool safety and instructional equipment, some computer skills.
Mission Advancement: Models and teaches the Ys values. Ensures a high level of service with a commitment to changing lives. Provides volunteers with orientation, training, development, and recognition.Cultivates relationships to support fund-raising.
Collaboration: Champions inclusion activities, strategies, and initiatives. Builds relationships to create small communities. Empathetically listens and communicates for understanding when negotiating and dealing with conflict. Effectively tailors communications to the appropriate audience. Provides staff with feedback, coaching, guidance and support.
Operational Effectiveness:Provides others with frameworks for making decisions. Conducts prototypes to support the launching of programs and activities. Develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of team. Effectively creates and manages budgets.
Holds staff accountable for high-quality results using a formal process to measure progress.
Personal Growth: Shares new insights. Facilitates change; models adaptability and an awareness of the impact of change.Utilizes non-threatening methods to address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or performance.Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
How to Apply
Copyright © 2017 YMCA of the USA. All rights reserved.
The YMCA is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all.