Branch Executive Director - Youth Achievement YMCA
Outstanding opportunity for an experienced, driven leader to lead operations of a youth development & education focused program branch.
Founded in 1858, the YMCA of Rock River Valley is one of the longest standing community organizations in the Northern Illinois region. Rock River Valley serves the Rockford community and surrounding area from seven branches committed to our areas of focus. Our Y’s history is embedded in the roots of Rockford and serves over 30,000 members through programs and services that strengthen spirit, mind and body.
The Youth Achievement YMCA is a chartered branch of the YMCA of Rock River Valley operating with revenue of $2.5 million. Serving over 1,000 members daily through a variety of education and youth development focused programs and services, the branch is located just outside of Northeast Rockford in Loves Park, IL. As the area’s leading provider of before & after school care, Youth Achievement has sustained a partnership with three of the area school districts (RPS 205, Harlem and Pecatonica Schools). The Youth Achievement branch leads operations of all Teen and Community Outreach programming for the association.
Reporting to the District Executive, the Executive Director of Youth Achievement will oversee programming for the branch, including 26 Before & After School sites (Kid’s Time), 21st Century after school sites, Camp Days, ACT Preparation and Y University, Americorps, Teen Reach and Project 505 Teen programming.
Located 90 miles west of Chicago in the heart of the Midwest, Rockford, IL is a vibrant community of about 150,000 people. Situated by a scenic riverfront downtown with an abundance of restaurants and shops, residents of Rockford experience the benefits, affordability and charm of a small-town community growing with the progression and vision of a big city. Learn more about the Rockford community:
YMCA of Rock River Valley embraces the total rewards philosophy. In addition to competitive salaries and rewards programs, the Y offers a robust benefits package to include:
- 70% Employer Paid Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Supplemental Life & LTD
- 8% Employer Retirement Fund Contribution
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Relocation Expense Reimbursement & Funding
- Continued Education Reimbursement Program up to $1,500 annually
- PTO including Holidays and up to 20 vacation days annually
The qualified candidate will hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in human services, education, social services, business, or a related field. Candidates should demonstrate a track record of success, preferably in a YMCA management position, business management of a non-profit, including 5+ years of demonstrated success in program management, volunteer recruitment, fund development, employee engagement and fiscal management. The incumbent will also demonstrate success in a fostering collaborations and partnership with community organizations.
1. Ensures delivery of youth-focused programs that support the Y’s mission and strategic goals and meets the needs of members & patrons
2. Coordinates development of the Branch Advisory Board
3. Directs all fiscal management activities of the branch
4. Leads all branch fundraising initiatives to reach annual goal and increases donor base
5. Develops positive working relationships with other community organizations
6. Oversees hiring, training and staff development efforts
7. Coordinates branch marketing and communication efforts
8. Ensures safety, security and maintenance of high quality facilities and grounds
9. Serves as member of the Y Executive team and supports overall association goals
- Quality Results
- Developing Others
How to Apply
Copyright © 2017 YMCA of the USA. All rights reserved.
The YMCA is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all.