Program Director of Child Care
Join a GREAT TEAM!
Coordinates and implements program-wide quality control procedures and initiatives to ensure consistency and compliance. Provide leadership and direction in implementation and compliance with guidelines and YMCA policies. Interact directly with staff, parents and participants at each assigned site in coordination with Site Directors. Monitors and maintains licensure requirements at each supervised site. Provides written feedback to the Executive Director regarding overall operations for each site.
1. Degree in early childcare education, organizational leadership or related field preferred.
2. Two years of experience in a supervisory position.
3. Typical requirements within 30 days of hire include completion of: CPR, First Aid, AED.
4. Fulfillment of state-specific hiring standards and completion of YMCA program specific certifications.
5. State Director Credentials required within a year of employment.
6. Ability to work well with children of various ages and abilities.
7. Ability to communicate successfully with children of all ages and abilities, staff, parents/guardian, supervisors, and community representatives.
8. Ability to understand and implement fiscal requirements.
9. Ability to understand, interpret and implement licensure requirements, policies and procedures.
10.Ability to plan and implement developmentally appropriate activities.
11.Ability to present a positive image to staff, participants, colleagues, supervisors and the community.
12.Flexible and willing to adapt to changing needs.
13.Strong interpersonal skills/team-oriented.
14.Ability to interact successfully with Site Directors to achieve position objectives.
1. Maintains familiarity with training and licensure requirements, and association policies and procedures.
2. Maintains familiarity with budgetary goals and individual site goals and projections.
3. Works directly with Site Directors in developing an annual schedule for weekly site visits.
4. Provides written recommendations to the Association Child Care Director regarding training, staffing, and other changes necessary to ensure high quality and compliance with established policy and procedures for each site visited.
5. Develops and implements program activities, tracking procedures, and reporting mechanisms.
6. Contributes actively to accreditation initiatives through active involvement with individual site implementation and community collaborations.
7. Attend various staff and volunteer meetings.
8. Participates in various events and activities, and facilitates participation from other staff.
9. Coordinates ancillary staff to further program objectives.
10.Recruits and relates directly to volunteers.
11.Works directly with Association Child Care Director in providing recommendations for staff hiring, staff training, and staffing patterns based on direct observations at individual sites.
12.Provides support to other program initiatives as assigned.
13.Maintains current and accurate knowledge of the responsibilities and training needs of staff under supervision.
14.Remains abreast of any changes in requirements/policies and procedures through regular communication with supervisors and attendance at ALL scheduled meetings.
15.Demonstrates a high level of professional ethics through fair and consistent implementation of all YMCA policies and procedures and licensure requirements with staff, program participants and parents.
16.Maintains current and accurate knowledge of YMCA programs, policies and procedures.
17.Demonstrates behavior aligned with Living Our Cause and has a lead role in Annual Giving Campaign.
Values: Models and teaches the Y’s values.
Community: Ensures a high level of service with a commitment to improving lives.
Philanthropy: Cultivates relationships to support fundraising.
Relationships: Builds relationships to create small communities.
Communication: Effectively tailors communications to the appropriate audience.
Project Management: Develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of team.
Developing Others: Provides staff with feedback, coaching, guidance and support.
Innovation: Conducts prototypes to support the launching of programs and activities.
Quality Results: Holds staff accountable for high-quality results using a formal process to measure progress.
Emotional Maturity: Utilizes non-threatening methods to address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or performance.
This position requires the following: Seeing, hearing, writing, standing, walking, sitting, kneeling, crouching, bending, lifting (50 lbs.), pushing (50 lbs.) and pulling (50 lbs.)
How to Apply
Copyright © 2017 YMCA of the USA. All rights reserved.
The YMCA is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all.