Youth Support Specialist
The YMCA of the Greater Twin Cities is now hiring for a Youth Support Specialist in Minneapolis, MN
The Youth Support Specialist is responsible for performing and maintaining services and programs that satisfy specific identified needs of youth. The incumbent demonstrates ethical behavior and maintains clear and healthy boundaries with youth while performing all aspects of their designated program.
This position will be working with young adults 16-24 years of age who are homeless or at-risk of homelessness in the Northern Twin Cities Metro-area. A key component of this position is case managing individual youth and/or parenting youth working towards independent living. Evening and weekend availability may be required. Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field (such as Human Services, Social Work, Corrections or Youth Development) or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in youth development to preferably include case management, working with diverse, low income and at risk youth or related human service experience.
- Demonstrated professionalism in the areas of time management, communication
- Ability to effectively problem solve utilizing all resources available.
- Must be able to work in an independent and self directed manner
- Experience working with diverse populations
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft office suite (Word and Excel)
- Ability to obtain CPR, First Aid, AED certification with the first 30 days of employment
- Ability to transport youth to meetings and activities, if applicable.
- Prior fundraising experience
- Perform all case management functions and responsibilities in a youth focused, culturally competent manner. This includes but is not limited to needs assessment, case planning and management, documentation, etc.
- Identify, make referrals to, and coordinate necessary and appropriate community resource programs.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with peers, community and court appointed partners, educators, youth support systems, and resource staff to achieve established program plan goals.
- Develop and maintain supportive, nurturing, and empowering relationships with youth.
- May provide work direction to team members, interns and volunteers as needed.
- Perform administrative duties to support the program as needed.
How to Apply
Copyright © 2017 YMCA of the USA. All rights reserved.
The YMCA is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all.