Associate Executive Director
We’re seeking a proven cause driven professional interested in taking their career to the next level.
Under the direction of the Branch Executive Director, the Associate Executive Director oversees and manages the development, implementation, administration, and evaluation of assigned areas of operations, to include: Sports, Family, Health and Wellness (including Fitness & Group Exercise) and Youth programming. Responsibilities include strategic planning for branch operations, program development, staff and volunteer supervision and development, fiscal management, financial development, special events, community relations, and collaborations with the college and community agencies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in human services, social services, business or equivalent.
- 5 years of operational experience in a management role with direct supervision of multiple levels of staff in the YMCA with an emphasis in fitness/wellness, youth/adult and family programming and aquatics.
- YMCA Team Leader or Multi-Team/Branch Leader certification required.
- Desire and capacity to achieve positive results in the area of financial development, board & volunteer development, program development and administration, staff supervision, and fiscal management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills, self-starter with initiative to work independently.
- Must have the capacity to develop strong, positive relationship with branch volunteers, business and civic leaders, and give dynamic leadership to board, staff and community.
- Proven record of leading and aligning teams to a clearly articulated vision, mission, and strategic plan, which advance a cohesive, positive, and productive culture.
- Ability to analyze complex information, and to define and solve problems.
- Passionate commitment to the YMCA mission, member engagement, and the YMCA character values.
- Must have visual, physical, and auditory ability to act swiftly in emergency situations.
- Professional demeanor and proven supervisory skills in hiring, training, evaluating, and motivating staff and volunteers, as well as developing an effective staff team.
- Assists the Executive Director in the work of the Board and Committees of the Board.
- Leads and supervises the Childcare, Fitness, Sports and Aquatics Departments.
- Leads the branch's Youth Development Committee and supports the Membership Director with the Healthy Living Committee. Responsible for directing the volunteers in the work of the Youth Development Committee and assisting with volunteer engagement with the Healthy Living Committee.
- Responsible for the recruitment, training, and management of all employees within the supervised departments (listed above) at the branch, including performance appraisal and salary administration.
- Communicates objectives and policies to employees and volunteer leaders.
- Assists directing the annual budget preparation process in consultation with program staff and related department committees.
- Administers the approved budget, taking appropriate action to correct variances, achieving assigned departments annual budget goals of the branch.
- Assists in the annual support campaign for the Branch, achieving budgeted goals, securing volunteer campaigners and assisting in branch special events.
- Directs the Health Coaches, Personal Trainers and Mobile Fit program, together with the branch Membership Director.
- Maintain positive community relations with organizations and governments in service area.
- Oversee and administer customer and member services programs.
- Works to identify and develop value added programming in each program area and membership category through “creative” programming, collaborations and community partnerships.
- Actively assess community needs and the role of the YMCA in seeking outreach programming and funding opportunities for the continued operation of those programs.
- Supervises the weekday and weekend MOD schedule.
- Manages and supervises off-site corporate fitness and wellness programs.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Community: Makes member and community needs priority and does everything in his/her power to engage and partner with members and community to exceed expectations.
- Volunteerism: Advances the legacy of volunteer engagement and leadership.
- Philanthropy: Values and supports the many facets of philanthropy as an essential component on achieving the Y’s mission.
- Inclusion: Values all people for their unique talents and takes an active role in promoting practices that support diversity, including and cultural competence.
- Relationships: Builds authentic relationships in the service of enhancing individual and team performance to support the Y’s work.
- Influence: Employs influence strategies that engage, inspire, and build commitment to position and achieve the overall Y goals.
- Communication: Listens and expresses ideas effectively and in a manner that reflects a true understanding of the needs of the audience.
- Functional Expertise: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Emotional Maturity: Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to Quality Results: Demonstrates and fosters a strong commitment to achieving goals in a manner that provides quality experiences
- Developing Others: Recognizes and acts on the need to continually develop others’ capabilities to attain the highest level of performance possible.
YMCA Team Leader or Multi-Team/Branch Leader certification required.
How to Apply
Copyright © 2017 YMCA of the USA. All rights reserved.
The YMCA is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all.