Resident Camp Counselor
Come spend your summer in the mountains of Utah, where you can make the most of your talents and help change kids lives!
Heber City, UT , UT 84032-
Cabin counselors have the significant responsibility of developing a positive, welcoming and nurturing atmosphere for campers, providing supervision to ensure they are safe, secure, having fun and fitting in to the camp program. Energetic, passionate, responsible individuals are needed for 4 weeks of running activities, being a role model and mentor, supervising cabin groups, and fostering relationships between youth.
Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
Completed one year of college or equivalent experience.
Must be able to obtain or become certified in First Aid/CPR.
Must submit health history record and examination form prior to first day of work. Must be able to pass a federal background check.
Ability to interact with all age levels.
Understand the development needs of youth.
Relate to youth and adults in a positive manner.
Demonstrate knowledge and skill in program areas designated camp program areas. Enthusiasm, sense of humor, integrity, flexibility and patience.
Desire and ability to work with children outdoors.
Positive attitude and ability to build a cohesive team.
Ability to function in a rustic setting.
Model the YMCA values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
The general responsibilities of a cabin counselor include but are not limited to:
1. Providing a safe, fun and values-focused camp experience for each camper.
2. Providing individual attention to each camper, while developing a team environment for the cabin group.
3. Assist in planning daily and weekly schedules that will be fun, safe and provide opportunities for skill development. Have a strong hold on your program curriculum and care for equipment.
4. Participate in all activities with campers. Be an excellent role model for campers to follow.
5. Learning and leading games, songs, skits and other activities for cabin group and the whole camp.
6. Interact with all campers in camp. Make sure each camper feels appreciated and successful.
7. Help out with all camp activities and participate as a member of the camp staff team.
8. Assist with keeping camp clean and well maintained. Guide cabin group in fulfilling camp chores and cabin clean-up duties during each week.
How to Apply
Copyright © 2017 YMCA of the USA. All rights reserved.
The YMCA is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all.