Assistant Youth Program Coordinator
YMCA of the Rockies is looking for an Assistant Youth Programs Director to assist with our summer Day Camp program in Estes Park, Colorado!
Estes Park, CO 80511
Under the direction of the Youth Programs Director, the Assistant Youth Programs Director will assist in the development, implementation, supervision and evaluation of the Youth Programs at the Estes Park Center.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Education, related field, or possess comparable experience.
- Must have experience working with children and college aged staff.
- Must enjoy working with young children.
- Must possess and maintain current First Aid and CPR Certification.
- Must be fluent in speaking and writing English.
- Must be able to pass criminal background check.
- Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds.
- Must be able to walk up to 2 miles on uneven terrain.
- Maintain a healthy, professional working relationship with all staff under supervision.
- Must possess a valid, USA state issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members and staff.
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies and programs.
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions.
- Promote a cooperative, positive and problem-solving atmosphere at all times.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others in a diverse environment.
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
- Assist in planning and implementing of Day Camp Staff Training.
- Assist in interviewing, hiring, supervising and evaluation of Youth Programs staff.
- Assist in planning, implementing and evaluation of Youth Programs for ages 3-18.
- Assist in maintaining YMCA, ACA and Social Services Child Care Center standards.
- Assist in the development and adherence to the yearly budget.
- During Day Camp months of operation (June-August), responsible for the Sundowners Program and closing the Jellison Building.
- Overseeing the order and purchase camp supplies for the Specialty Staff.
- Create and ensure that staff have and adhere to weekly schedules.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean, organized and sanitary environment.
- Assist in After School and Friday School Days out.
- Contribute to the overall upkeep of the Youth Programs buildings.
- Assist in the success of all Youth Programs as needed.
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
General YMCA of the Rockies Requirements:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards
This is a seasonal, hourly (based on 40 hours/week) position, paying $220/week, with employee perks including:
- Room (housing includes internet access/heat/water--no bills!--in a dormitory building)
- Board (3 tasty buffet style meals 7 days per week---YES, even on your days off!)
- YMCA of the Rockies family membership access while you’re employed (please note that our facilities include a pool, gymnasium, climbing wall, fitness classes, trails, roller rink, and an art center but not a weight lifting room)
- Other employee perks and discounts
We have a zero tolerance policy for alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty.
ABOUT THE YMCA of the Rockies:
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year round family resorts and conference centers on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property.
The Estes Park Center is the largest YMCA conference center in the world. At nearly 900 acres in size and serving over 200,000 guests each year, our dedicated team of individuals work to provide guests with a world-renowned experience.
We employ people of all ages, from across the country and the world, who want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. Join us!
Please call our HR office at 970-586-3341 x1032, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Apply
Copyright © 2017 YMCA of the USA. All rights reserved.
The YMCA is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all.