Residential Day Camp Staff
Would you like to change lives by making sure camp is an amazing experience for every camper?
Gig Harbor, WA 98329-
At Camp Seymour you get to teach kids self-reliance, a love for nature and the outdoors, and the development of attitudes and practices that build character and leadership – all amidst the fun of camp fires, canoeing, archery, talent shows, and meaningful relationships.
If hired for this position you will live and work at Camp in a cabin/yurt. You will directly supervise, support, and mentor a group of 10-12 campers throughout their program day. You will develop camper character and values; foster cabin community, encourage group leadership, and develop stewardship. You will develop and run activities with your group of day campers and support unit and all-camp activities.
You will spend your days outside laughing, talking, and participating in everything from campfire to canoeing and archery. By the end of the summer you will be the adult role model who encourages creativity, instills confidence, self-esteem, a life of adventure, and a sense of belonging.
Are you a good fit?
- I am at least 21 years old.
- I have worked at a camp or have related experience in child leadership.
- I have experience working with children and diverse populations.
- I want to make the difference in the life of a child this summer.
In this position you will be able to use your skills to:
- With your campers and get to know them as individuals.
- Between campers, helping them meet new people and get out of their comfort zone.
Provide quality results:
- Lead a variety of program areas including but not limited to; Swim teaching, Archery, Climbing wall, Natural Wonders and Boating. Training and certification in program area's will be provided.
- Support day camp staff team and objectives. Manage, supervise, and support day campers throughout their program day.
Be a role model and teach values:
- Maintain open communication and proactively work to build strong relationships with Co-leaders & Leadership staff.
- Recognize individual and group situations and effectively resolve conflicts based on camp values and procedures.
- Organize and lead a variety of small and large group activities inside and outside of the cabin, participating 100% with activities; enjoy playing, and not "sit on the sidelines."
Starting Wage: $225+/week, depending on qualifications
This is a Residential position that includes room and board.
How to Apply
Copyright © 2017 YMCA of the USA. All rights reserved.
The YMCA is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all.