Assistant Camp Director - Teens
Actively supervise and maintain safe, enjoyable, age-appropriate Teen Leadership and trip programs and events.
Gig Harbor, WA 98329-
Supervise trip leaders and outfitter. Prep all leaders with food packing and overall trip prep. Work with leadership staff and Camp Director to organize & implement overall camp program.
- Minimum 21 years of age.
- Two or more seasons of related experience required
- Preferred: Experience in leading trip/travel program and/or two years of personal outdoor experience.
- Positive attitude and previous experience with diverse populations
- Knowledge and skills in program activities and related equipment set-up, and the ability to instruct participants in age appropriate techniques.
- Required: Wilderness First Aid or First Responder (must have by the start of staff training).
- CPR, First Aid, AED certifications, online trainings and Child Abuse prevention training within 30 days of hire date and other required trainings within 60 days.
Planning and Program Delivery:
- Work with Camp Director to plan and implement all aspects of the summer teen and trip programs including:
- Making campsite reservations
- Ensuring staff have proper rosters, forms and emergency information on trail
- Training staff in technical skills and group/kid skills, as well as camp policies and emergency procedures
- Assisting in emergency situations
- Monitor group gear; repair and resupply as needed.
- Manage trip cash
- Supervise the teen/trip leadership team, including the Outfitter, Trek Unit Leader, and Quest staff.
- Work with leadership staff & all staff to coordinate and implement overall camp program.
- Maintain weekly observations on staff performance; give staff positive and constructive feedback; communicate significant observations to direct supervisors.
Financial Development and Philanthropy:
- Meet performance measurement through annual giving, major gifts, and/or endowment by telling the Y story and raising charitable dollars to fulfill our mission.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Must frequently lift or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift or move a higher amount.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Must participate in programming outdoors.
Wage: $300+ per week
This is a Residential position that includes room and board.
How to Apply
Copyright © 2017 YMCA of the USA. All rights reserved.
The YMCA is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all.