Day Camp Counselors
Come work outside on the coast of Maine this summer helping children develop character, learn new skills and build lasting friendships.
Rockport, ME 04856
We're looking for a few good balancing acts! Are you a leader who can balance a fun-filled summer and lead some great kids? We're searching for counselors for our Penobscot Bay YMCA Day Camps who can balance long, hectic days with the responsiblity of making a difference in children's lives. Previous camp experience preferred, but we will train the right candidate.
1. High school graduate or equivalent; one year or more of college preferred.
2. Previous experience working with children preferably in a day camp setting
3. Experience preferred in one or more of the following areas: outdoor living, archery, boating, camping, songs/music, skits, sports, aquatics, recreational games, etc…
4. At least 18 years of age (The age minimum may be higher depending on state law and YMCA policies.)
5. CPR, First Aid, AED certifications and Child Abuse Prevention training within 30 days of hire date.
6. Previous experience with diverse populations preferred.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
· The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Ability to plan, lead and participate in a range of activities in a variety of outdoor/indoor settings.
1. Supervises a group of children.
2. Plans and implements program activities that are culturally relevant, developmentally appropriate and
consistent with YMCA values.
3. Adheres to program standards including safety and cleanliness standards.
4. Attends staff meetings and trainings.
5. Follows YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child
abuse prevention and emergencies.
6. Cultivates positive relationships and maintains effective communication with parents, children and
other staff. Models relationship-building skills in all interactions.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
Earn $80 to $88 per day as a summer camp counselor.
How to Apply
Copyright © 2017 YMCA of the USA. All rights reserved.
The YMCA is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all.