Rockland Harbor KinderKamp Director
Come spend the summer on the beautiful Maine Coast. The Penobscot Bay YMCA is just a short walk from both Rockport and Camden Harbor.
Rockport, ME 04856-
Under the direction of the Sports and Camping Director, the KinderKamp Director leads the management, direction and coordination of the KinderKamp summer program. The KinderKamp Director provides a safe, nurturing and positive environment for children and parents focused on the YMCA core values: honesty, respect, responsibility, and caring.
- At least 21 years of age.
- High school graduate or equivalent; one year or more of college preferred.
- Previous experience working with children preferably in a day camp setting.
- Experience preferred in one or more of the following areas: outdoor living, archery, boating, camping, songs/music, skits, sports, aquatics, recreational games, etc.
- Completion of CPR, First Aid, AED certifications and Child Abuse Prevention training.
- Demonstrated level of maturity to handle the responsibilities involved in maintaining a safe and nurturing environment for all participants.
- Lifting up to 40 pounds multiple times each day.
- Frequent twisting, bending and kneeling.
- Exposure to the outdoor environment during all seasons.
- Control unsafe behavior if necessary.
Mission Advancement: Models and teaches the Ys values. Ensures a high level of service with a commitment to changing lives. Provides volunteers with orientation, training, development, and recognition. Cultivates relationships to support fund-raising.
Collaboration: Champions inclusion activities, strategies, and initiatives. Builds relationships to create small communities. Empathetically listens and communicates for understanding when negotiating and dealing with conflict. Effectively tailors communications to the appropriate audience. Provides staff with feedback, coaching, guidance and support.
Operational Effectiveness: Provides others with frameworks for making decisions. Conducts prototypes to support the launching of programs and activities. Develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of team. Effectively creates and manages budgets. Holds staff accountable for high-quality results using a formal process to measure progress.
Personal Growth: Shares new insights. Facilitates change; models adaptability and an awareness of the impact of change. Utilizes non-threatening methods to address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or performance. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
- Assists with supervision of program activities to meet YMCA objectives.
- Schedules, directs and trains staff and volunteers as needed.
- Assists with coordination of facilities for program activities and events.
- Responds to all member and community inquiries and complaints in timely manner.
- Assists with monitoring and evaluation of effectiveness and participation in program.
- Exemplifies the YMCA philosophy in teaching to reflect a positive image, promoting the healthy growth and development of participants.
- Establishes and maintains a clear line of communication with parents, campers, and other camp staff.
- Provides an emotionally and physically safe environment for campers.
- Performs CPR and First Aid emergency procedures when necessary.
- Assist with facilitation of weekly staff meetings.
- Maintain accurate records (busing lists, accident & incident reports, field trip permission slips, group lists, camp schedules).
- Perform all other duties necessary for the good of the camp and organization.
Complimentary individual membership for Rockland Harbor and the Pen Bay YMCA.
How to Apply
Copyright © 2017 YMCA of the USA. All rights reserved.
The YMCA is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all.