The Property Director is responsible for the cleanliness, safety/maintenance of facilities/equipment/buildings and environments for Camp .
Middleville, MI 49333
The Property Director is responsible for the day to day cleanliness, safety and maintenance of facilities, equipment, buildings and environments for Camp Manitou-Lin. The Property Director oversees the furnace, air conditioning, boiler and camp buildings. This position requires face-to-face leadership in these areas and involves early morning, evening, weekend and on call responsibilities.
- Monitors equipment warranties
- Monitors equipment service contracts
- Contacts independent contractors for repairs beyond our control and routine inspections
- Establishes preventive property plans
- Performs routine property repairs and inspections
- Ensures equipment is functioning properly
- Ensures codes and regulations are adhered to at all times
- Performs routine painting, plumbing, electrical wiring, and other related property activities
- Notifies Operations Director of major repairs or additions to lighting, heating and ventilating equipment
- Maintains all areas in a clean and presentable fashion
- Maintains all snow removal (including plowing) and sidewalk areas
- Develops a network of emergency services and be available for 24hour/weekend coverage as needed
- Set up and tear down for meetings, special events and camp programs
- Conducts and/or supervises special project, facility improvements or additions as considered appropriate at the direction of supervisor
- Assists as appropriate, other camp staff members with requests and notifications of maintenance repairs and other facility and grounds needs
- Assists with general care of our animal herd (feeding, putting out hay, pastures care including hay fields)
- Assists with program operations on an as needed basis
Human Resource Management
- Supervises 2-4 property staff and volunteers
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Association’s policies and procedures
- Assists staff in identifying and meeting all development needs with action plans built into the next budget
- Sets goals and objectives for each staff member
- Fills staff vacancies in accordance with established Association policies
- Supports the Association in recruitment of diverse staff and volunteers
- Meets all budget goals
- Manages annual budget development
- Monitors monthly budget and year-end forecast for all program areas
- Operates all program areas at all times within directives and policies of the Association
Performs any other functions deemed to be necessary for the smooth and efficient operation of the YMCA of Greater Grand Rapids
Bachelor’s Degree (BA) from four year college or university; one to three years of property management experience, supervision, working knowledge of building and ground cleanliness. Ability to troubleshoot basic electrical, plumbing, and mechanical problems; or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in supervising staff, seasonal staff supervision preferred. YMCA or Non Profit management experience preferred. Ability to interact with people from all ethnic backgrounds, ages and lifestyles. Ability and desire to perform hands on task in an outdoor year-round camp environment. Desire to work with or around youth. Working knowledge of computers and experience with a variety of software applications.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
How to Apply
Copyright © 2017 YMCA of the USA. All rights reserved.
The YMCA is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all.