Resident Camp- Group Leader
YMCA Camp Ockanickon Inc. is searching for dynamic, experienced, hard-working people to be positive role models for children this summer!
MEDFORD, NJ 08055-
Under the direction of the Camp Director, the Group Leader (Village Chief) is responsibile for the supervision of campers and staff in a large group setting
This position requires the ability to supervise and lead a group of campers as well as manage 5-8 staff members. The incumbent must be 20 years of age or older and possess leadership skills that can assist in encouraging and motivating campers. The ability to teach songs, crafts, games, stories, sports, and related skills is preferred. Incumbent must show enthusiasm, dedication, responsibility and maturity and have the ability to interact and communicate clearly with campers, parents and staff. Bachelor’s of the Arts of Bachelor’s of Science in Recreation, Physical Education, Education or related field is preferred (or working toward degree).
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions and perceptions.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgment, and transfers learning from one situation to another.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change.
- Responsible for the general safety and supervision of campers in assigned group.
- Responsible for the direct supervision of 5-8 staff members.
- Assist Camp Director in developing and implementing schedule changes, risk management procedures, special events, etc.
- Assist Activity Directors during activity periods on an as needed basis.
- Supervise and participate in all assigned aspects of the campers’ day which includes but is not limited to: Camper check-in and check-out; attendance; meal times; activities; and before/after hours duties as assigned.
- Attend and participate in two weeks of Administration Staff Training and General Staff Training.
How to Apply
Copyright © 2017 YMCA of the USA. All rights reserved.
The YMCA is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all.