Science, Technology, Engineering and Math
Developing Youth Through STEM
The YMCA is helping all children reach their full potential by supporting their unique youth development journeys. At more than 1,000 YMCA sites nationwide, youth are engaged in year-round STEM activities that nurture their curiosity, inspire creativity and teach them how to succeed.
Youth who participate in STEM activities:
- Learn how to solve a problem
- Develop critical-thinking skills
- Get comfortable with failure and trying again
- Learn to work successfully in teams
- Develop self-confidence
- Are able to see themselves in STEM careers
Find your local Y and ask how your child can get involved with STEM.
Learn how the Y is supporting equity in STEM to help everyone advance!
Fun experiments and activities are available below for kids of all ages to do in the classroom or at home. Together we can inspire the next generation to love STEM!
- Chromatography Mysteries Instructions
- Chromatography Mysteries Color Hypothesis
- Storm the Castle Instructions
For more information, please email us.
- STEM Equity
- Youth Development
- Three Colorful STEM Activities to Make Back-to-School Magic
- Why Girls Who Love STEM are Having the Best Summer Ever
- Free STEM Activities for Campers Ages 3-8
- Six Simple Outdoor STEM Activities